We are trusting you had a healthy and happy summer with your children. The first day of school is just around the corner! We encourage you to be a partner with your child’s teacher and their education.
As former educators we know that when parents are eager, energetic and interested it helps the teacher do a better job. It’s important for families and teachers to be a team, building a good working relationship. Here are a few strategies to help you with that:
- Sometime during the 1st week of school write your child’s teacher a quick note letting them know a little bit about your child.
- Let the teacher know what works/doesn’t work with your child. You know them best!
- Attend Open House and let the teacher know that you are available to discuss your child at any time.
- Come to Open House with only 1-2 direct questions you may have about the year. If you need more time, make an appointment for a private conference.
- Ask if there is something you could do to help the teacher.
- Ask the teacher about how their summer was, or a little bit about themselves.
- Don’t hesitate to ask questions.
- If you have a concern, don’t wait to discuss it. Bring it out in the open as soon as it’s appropriate.
- Bring chocolate or coffee!!!!!