explore, learn, create, and share.
6961 W School St.
PO Box 760
Three Lakes, WI 54562
Monday: 12 PM - 7 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM – 5 PM
Wednesday: 12 PM – 7 PM
Thursday: 9 AM – 5 PM
Friday: 12 PM - 5 PM
Saturday - Sunday: Closed
Technical Services Librarian / Library Accounts Manager
The Demmer Memorial Library in Three Lakes, Wisconsin, is seeking a full-time (38 hrs/week) Technical Services Librarian and Library Account Manager. This focused, detail-oriented, adaptable, and collaborative team player will provide core financial and library technical services as well as key to reference and research functions at the Demmer Library in Three Lakes, Wisconsin.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate the ability to:
- Plan, organize, and carry out the day-to-day financial activities of the library in compliance with state statute and standard public accounting procedures.
- Implement the library collection development policy through selection of materials for purchasing, directing cataloging of all materials using RDA cataloging standards and retrieving and editing remote records using z39.50, and collaborating with the director and administrative team in deselection and replacement of materials in the collection.
- Develop and maintain local authority file for nonfiction Dewey classifications to establish overall local authority control.
- Oversee processing of interlibrary loan (Wiscat) requests, and preparation of items for patron check out and returning/lending to out-of-system libraries.
- Coordinate and manage volunteers involved in materials processing, repair, or other areas core to the library collections.
- Provide first-class service to library patrons in-person at the front desk by assisting with finding library materials, answering reference questions, and teaching new technology, while fostering a friendly and welcoming environment.
- Work both independently and in collaboration with other staff and volunteers, always striving to provide the best possible library service to the Three Lakes community.
Starting salary is $15 based on skills and experience. Full benefits package available. Some evening and Saturday hours required.
Download a full job description here: 2021 Technical Services – Accounting Job Description
To apply: complete a technology assessment online or download and complete a Printable Technology Self-Assessment and submit with a letter of interest and an updated resume to email@example.com, subject line: Technical Services application. Application review begins July 15, 2021.
The Town of Three Lakes is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Demmer Memorial Library in Three Lakes, Wisconsin is seeking a permanent, part-time employee for up to 16 hours/week, including one evening and rotating Saturdays.
The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for opening/closing the public service area of the library and maintaining customer service during normal operating hours.
- Perform circulation desk procedures, such as checking materials in and out, placing holds, issuing and renewing library cards, collecting fines, etc., using a computer database.
- Answer patron questions and refer reference questions to appropriate staff member as needed, whether in person or by telephone.
- Monitor and maintain basic public computer access procedures.
- Sort, shelve, and maintain displays of library materials as needed.
- Be trained in performing essential technical services, including processing new acquisitions, maintaining records in the integrated library system database, and reviewing and maintaining patron records.
- Assist with programs, light housekeeping, and other duties as assigned.
Starting wage up to $10/hour, depending on qualifications and experience. One weekday evening and rotating Saturday hours required. There are no benefits associated with this position.
View complete job description: Circulation Clerk Job Description
To Apply: please complete the technology self-assessment (download a paper copy here) and submit a cover letter and resume with two references to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Circulation Desk Clerk application. Application review begins July 15; open until filled.
The Town of Three Lakes is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Edward U. Demmer Memorial Library
6961 W School Street
PO Box 760
Three Lakes, WI 54562
|Monday||12:00 pm – 7:00 pm|
|Tuesday||9:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Wednesday||12:00 pm – 7:00 pm|
|Thursday||9:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Friday||12:00 pm – 5:00 pm|