Winter is the time for memories and storytelling – and we want you to share your favorite stories of Three Lakes with your loved ones and with us.
The Demmer Library and Three Lakes Historical Museum are collecting oral histories and stories and memories of Three Lakes. Here’s how you can join:
- Invite your family to sit down together.
- Open your smartphone recording app (e.g., Voice Memos on iOS), press record and place your device in the middle of your group.
- Select from one of our conversation starters prompts or ask your own question.
- Start recording and share your stories!
- When you have a recording, attach the recording file to an email with the topic of your story or memory, about when the memory took place (e.g., 1950s, every Christmas, etc.), and who shared it and who listened (e.g., grandparent to grandchild, friends with friends, etc.), and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prefer to share a video? Record yourself having a conversation and upload it to YouTube, then share or email the link to us!
Stay tuned as we assemble and share some stories in the future! Thank you!